Designed for those who wish to serve, or who are currently serving in a Christian pastoral or voluntary chaplaincy role, the course will enhance your knowledge, practical skills and understanding to prepare you to minister to people in the different challenging situations we face in life.
There are two elements to the course, Classroom Learning and a Voluntary Placement:
The syllabus for the course will be taught by current practitioners and will include:
· An exploration of models of chaplaincy
· Practical and theological approaches to chaplaincy
· The Chaplain as reflective practitioner
· Core principles and practices of chaplaincy from a Christian perspective.
· Communication Skills
· Ministry to children, families and those with physical and mental health challenges
· Ministry to those who have experienced bereavement
· The contribution of Chaplaincy within community life (Hospitals, Prisons, Sports, Schools, etc.).